Anatomy Trains in Motion is an in-depth 3-day course for movement and bodywork professionals who love integral anatomy and body-minded exercise applications that relate to real-life in all of its dimensions.
This resource-oriented education focusses on the qualities of Thomas W. Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept that enhance everyday functionality and vitality as well as somatic resourcefulness; therefore self-healing.
The integral anatomy of the myofascial meridians is explained in interactive lectures and experienced through body-minded movement applications. For a clear comprehension of the structural and functional aspects, anatomical structures are discussed individually and as part of a myofascial meridian that shapes posture, movement and how we feel about the body.
To further connect anatomy and function, science-informed fascial qualities are exemplified and embodied with deliberate exercise examples throughout the course. In a unique way, Anatomy Trains in Motion directly links the anatomy of the myofascial meridians with the essential events of walking and body-minded movement training.
Because we want to foster independent thinking and individualized learning, we encourage an inquisitive mind and facilitate understanding through movement explorations.
Concluding the course, you will have a clear understanding of why the myofascial meridians are defined the way they are and why the Anatomy Trains concept is of immense value for all body-minded movement methods that aim for structural integrity.
Eight features that make Anatomy Trains in Motion (ATiM) unique:
1. Body-minded movement perspective: The anatomy of the myofascial meridians is explained through the lens of body minded movement and somatically oriented learning.
2. Linking anatomy, gait, holistic training: The course structure directly links the anatomy of the myofascial meridians with the essential events of walking and body-minded movement training.
3. Differentiated integration: Individual anatomical structures are discussed in detail and as part of the myofascial meridians that shape posture, movement and how we feel about the body.
4. Proprioception and interoception equated: Proprioception (how we coordinate posture and movement) and interoception (how we feel about our posture and movements) are equally valued and considered.
5. Science-informed embodiment: Science-informed fascial qualities and functional movement applications are discussed in interactive lectures and embodied with deliberate body-minded exercise examples.
6. Resource-oriented approach: Aspects of the Anatomy Trains concept that enhance functionality are used as a tool to strengthen vitality and somatic resourcefulness; therefore self-healing.
7. Guided by ATSI protocol: The philosophy and strategies of the Anatomy Trains Structural Integration bodywork concept are reflected in the organization of the ATiM course.
8. Part of a diploma education: ATiM is a self-contained course that is also the first module of the Slings Myofascial Training diploma education.
Hotel IOR, ul. Węgorka 20, Poznań
First day: 09:00-17:00,
Second day: 09:00 – 17:00,
Third day: 09:00 – 17:00.
Instructor: Katherine Pentecost
Duration: 3 days/21 hours
Attention: course in English. Translated into Polish
Introduction to Anatomy Trains in Motion
Movement came to Katherine’s life via a love of all things dance when she was growing up. This led her to Pilates and training to teach it shortly after graduating. Beyond the movement itself Katherine discovered a love for teaching and communicating which has allowed her to work with a diverse range of people, and she’s been fortunate to work with other teachers in an educator capacity too.
She came across the work of Anatomy Trains & art of motion when seeking to deepen her understanding of functional anatomy to better help her clients. It was the ideal balance of science and soul, with practical applications which make the imponderable human body at least a fraction more comprehensible.
- Trainee Anatomy Trains in Motion Educator
- Certified Slings Myofascial Training Practitioner
- Certified Pilates Master Matwork Teacher
- Certified Pilates Comprehensive & Master Studio Teacher
- Educator of Level 3 Pilates Matwork for Body Control Pilates
- Certified Active IQ Tutor/Educator
- Certified Active IQ Assessor
- Presenter at Body Control Pilates Development Weekend
- Attended hands on dissection course with Functional Fascia